Saturday 9 May 2009

photography with y4

Luke went into school and did the presentation with Year 4 whilst I was in Florida. I am very excited about the way this project seems to be providing all sorts of unforeseen opportunities for individuals to step up and engage with teaching and learning digital photography on so many different levels. This week we were busy taking the first groups of children out of class to shoot their images. I had expected our facilitator role to become more complicated as we worked backwards through KS2, but I was really impressed with the way the children engaged with the project. Luke had obviously briefed them well. He is busy with his own work next week as assessments are looming. One of my 3rd Year undergraduates, Anna, is hoping to take a few hours out of her busy runup to her final show to help me out with the second Y4 shoots.

I need to talk to Mr C, the headmaster, about how and when we are going to show the final image wall but he has gone away for a 2 week visit to Africa. The summer fayre at the school could have been a well-timed occasion to unveil the work, but I just realised that is the weekend I am visiting the Venice Bienale. I hope to use most of June to complete the presentation. I am not sure whether to 'go it alone', possibly with some help from Anna, or whether to involve the children, and if so, on what level they can actually get involved. I have had some quotes for printing and mounting A0 panels of 16 prints and the price is very expensive as I need 8 or 9 panels. So I am trying to figure out some diy possibilities that involve using the printing facilities at the University. The only thing that seems certain is that the presentation should be hardwearing as I think it will be displayed at various locations over the next year or two.

No comments: